At Wildside Sportfishing we run guided fishing tours providing ‘one on one’ tuition for small groups of up to four clients, on board our purpose built Contender 25T.
We use the latest fish finder technology, highest quality tackle and the most reliable boating brands on the market.
All this to give our clients an adventure on the water they’ll never forget.
Price $600 inc. GST is the boat rate, up to 4x passengers onboard.
Standard duration 6am until 11am or 1130am until 430pm (5x hours)
There is minimal wave action and generally an easier pace in the river which often suits folk who don’t enjoy being out at sea.
Apart from the famous rock walls the Macleay has small creeks, flats, weed beds, bridge piles, snags and deep holes that all hold a multitude of fish life.
Estuary fishing in the Macleay can be exceptional at times for variety, numbers and quality.
Species like flathead, trevally, bream, whiting, mulloway, cod and mangrove jacks are residential in the river.
Offshore species such as kingfish, cobia, bonito, frigate mackerel and snapper also make regular visits – particularly within the first few kilometers.
We use a range of different techniques depending on the tides, water quality and season.
One of our favorites is to chase mulloway and flathead with vibes and soft plastics along the rock walls.
Both live and cut baits are also highly effective especially over peak tidal changes.
The Macleay River Estuary is an incredible fishery at times, you never know what will turn up!
- ‘Wildside’ our Contender 25 Tournament vessel. She is fast, comfortable and a purpose built sport fishing weapon!
- Iced water and soft drinks
- Quality Fishing Tackle rods and lures (on a replace if lost or broken basis)
- 30+ sun screen and insect repellent
- Tuition from a fully qualified experienced guide with over 18 years in the industry
- Complete list of offshore safety gear including a satellite phone
- Portable toilet
- Gutting or filleting of any fish kept
What to bring?
- Sun hat and/or buff style head scarf
- Camera and spare batteries
- Sunglasses (polarised being the best)
- Protective clothing and a spray jacket in case it rains
For bookings or more info contact us.