Extended Safaris really are the Ultimate Top End fishing experience!
You and your crew have multiple days to chase any number of species, or to just concentrate on landing that dream fish.
What’s it all about?
These tours are multi day packages where we organise just about everything. (See below for inclusions)
With safaris you don’t have the stress of racing back into town or trying to jam too much into one day. We make our way back to the nearby lodge accommodation in the afternoon, so you can kick back by the pool with a beer, and regale tales of the days battles.
We fish multiple locations, tides and changing weather patterns. As most anglers are aware even minor changes in the barometer or moon phase on a particular day can effect the fishing. With multiple days this can be overcome.
Basically the longer your tour runs the more ground we can cover, and the more chance you have of a monster eating your lure!
During the late wet season and Runoff safaris are generally conducted out in the famous Mary River System or Shady Camp as it is better known. Here we hunt big trophy Barramundi, Threadfin Salmon and Black Jewfish.
As mentioned in other areas of this site, advanced bookings are essential to gain a spot in this popular time of year.
Barra, salmon and jewfish are found in the Finnis Rivers and can be caught right through the dry season into the build up. Out on the blue water tasty reef species and line screaming pelagics abound. With so much fishing area to target you have a great chance at locking into some first class sport fishing.
Mud crabs also rank high in the culinary department and can be caught in traps, or purchased alive from local pro crab fisherman. Tucker doesn’t get much fresher than that!
Safaris are tailored to your needs
Anywhere from 2x day to over week long adventures can be organised.
Extended safaris can incorporate a day on the billabong, or spent in one of the harbors for a change of pace.(Billabongs are not acccessible until after the Runoff has finished)
We can also run packages out to the magnificent Daly River where the Barra Nationals and Classic competitions are held each year. Another option is freshwater Billabong Safaris that fish the multiple wetlands to the east of Darwin like Corroboree, Hardies and Shady Camp Fresh Water Lagoon. All quite different environments.
There is sure to be a safari fishing package that suits you, and your crew!
- Pick up and drop off at accommodation via air conditioned 4WD Tourist Vehicle
- Air conditioned accommodation whilst on tour
- Iced water and soft drinks
- All meals (excluding breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last)
- Fresh Fruit and snacks
- Quality Fishing Tackle (on a replace if lost or broken basis)
- 30+ sun screen and insect repellent
- Tuition from a fully qualified and experienced guide with over 15 years in the industry
- Comfortable 6.5 meter Aluminium guiding vessel with shade canopy and 80lb bow mount electric motor.
- A refreshment stop on the way there, if you want to buy some breakfast or last minute supplies
- Any fish kept are processed and flight approved boxes provided (so if need be you can take some frozen catch home)
What to bring?
- Sun hat and/or buff style head scarf (straw hats are great in the wamer months)
- Camera and spare batteries
- Sunglasses (polarized being the best choice)
- Cool light protective clothing
- Motion sickness medication if you are prone to seasickness (except on billabong tours)
- Some alcohol to leave in your rooms bar fridge (cheaper to purchase in Darwin the night before departure)
Extended Safari Tours start from $600 per person per day
‘Jump onboard for the adventure of a lifetime!’
For different tour costs visit prices.
To book a safari or for more info contact us.