We can operate locally around the Darwin area, or run 1 to 2 hours by 4WD to fishing grounds further afield.
The day generally starts with a 5am pickup from your accommodation, with a quick refreshment stop on our drive out to the boat ramp. You fish into the afternoon and transfer back to your accommodation in town at approx. 5pm. This is the general standard, but tours can be altered to your crews requirements.
Where do we go?
We target varying locations eg. billabongs, rivers, estuaries and bluewater. This will depend on tides, weather what areas are fishing the best.
Many like to visit the billabongs / wetlands as you get the massive array of wildlife and beautiful scenery – without tides and waves to worry about – plus the fishing on top! These are great spots to take folk who want the whole Northern Territory experience, everybody should visit these magical water ways at least once.
Some charters can incorporate a mixture of both barra and bluewater fishing, for anglers who want some variety.
Why choose a Full Day over a Half Day?
Day tours give plenty of time to fish through different stages of tide and weather, giving you a great chance at locking horns with some of our best sport fish.
- Pick up and drop off at accommodation via air conditioned 4WD Tourist Vehicle
- Iced water and soft drinks
- A hearty lunch
- Fresh Fruit and snacks
- Quality Fishing Tackle (on a replace if lost or broken basis)
- 30+ sun screen and insect repellent
- Tuition from a fully qualified experienced guide with over 15 years in the industry
- Comfortable 6.5 meter Aluminium guiding vessel with shade canopy and 80lb bow mount electric motor.
- Generally have a refreshment stop on the way if you need to buy some breakfast or last minute supplies
- Processing of any fish kept
What to bring?
- Sun hat and/or buff style head scarf
- Camera and spare batteries
- Sunglasses (polarised being the best)
- Cool light protective clothing
- Motion sickness medication if you are prone to seasickness (except on billabong tours)
Prices range from $300 – $400 per person (depending on location)